Trainee E-Mobility & Innovative Powertrain (f/m/x)
Think digital. Work agile.
Your future? The global leader development programme.
Job reference: 37320
What awaits you?
- You will be part of an extraordinary interdisciplinary team having the joint mission to create the future of sustainable mobility.
- Accompanied by an experienced mentor helping you to open doors, you can grow professionally and personally.
- During four placements (two abroad), that are individually tailored to your profile, you will establish an international network and get in-depth insights into projects, strategies and culture.
- Short-term placements within production, dealerships and customer service will help you broaden your holistic view while seeing the world with the eyes of our customers.
- After the 18-month programme, you will take on a permanent role within the BMW Group and bring in your strengths and unique profile to shape the future with us.
What you should bring along?
- An above-average degree in informatics, software engineering, data science, computer science, robotics/cognition/intelligence, machine learning, mathematics, physics or similar.
- Six months of relevant practical experience in an environment close to one of the working areas above.
- Good technical understanding of IT and its architecture and programming skills.
- Four months of studying, working or travelling abroad.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Passion for challenging projects and cross-functional collaboration.
- Drive and the willingness to take on responsibility.
- Openness for other people and perspectives.
- Creativity and “out of the box” thinking.
Please note: We assess all qualifications in total and rate them against one another. Thus, if you for example have less experience abroad but therefore more practical experience or very good grades, we would still be happy to receive your application.
What topics can you expect?
- As part of one of our agile teams, you will work with us on future-oriented technologies and solutions.
- Depending on your skills and interests, your assignments will lead you to an essential area such as data analytics, SAP transformation, cloud services, embedded software development, autonomous driving, artificial intelligence, machine learning or (automotive) cyber security.
- The area of activities you can be involved in ranges from programming small prototypes using different programming languages (e. g. C/C++, Python, Java, Kotlin) to actively participating in a feature team.
- In addition to valuable experience in IT project management, you will also acquire knowledge of agile software development processes.
Ready to go places?
Apply now! It is worth being quick! An early application increases your chances, as you can
only apply as long as there are still free positions available.
What are your next steps?
- After submitting your application, you will receive an invitation to an online assessment. Please note that your application is only complete if you finish this test within three days.
- If you make it to the next round, you will receive an invitation to a video interview by e-mail. Please also check your spam folder regularly.
For more detailed information on the programme and the application process, please visit our career homepage.
Our brands BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce and BMW Motorrad have made us the world's leading premium manufacturer of cars and motorcycles as well as provider of premium financial and mobility services. Our team consists of around 130,000 creative minds worldwide, all of whom have one thing in common: passion. To continue our pioneering mission, we are always on the lookout for visionaries and lateral thinkers who want to share their passion with us and tackle the technological challenges of our times.