Program for Data Science Graduates (m/f/d)
Apply by May 9, 2021
The Bertelsmann Future Leaders Graduate Program enables you to take on responsibility in your career.
As a data science trainee, you will enjoy infinite Big Data opportunities within an 18-month rotational program.
If you have a curious mind, a knack for problem-solving and profound knowledge of machine learning methods, join our graduate program to kickstart your career.
As a Data Science Trainee you will
- For 18 months, work with international teams throughout Bertelsmann divisions worldwide
- Crack complex data challenges arising in our media, services and education businesses
- Add your knowledge and experience by designing new data products
- Learn from renowned data scientists and explore new use cases for Machine Learning and AI
- Leverage new data sources and integrate traditional structured data with raw data
What you’ll need to bring
- Master’s or doctoral degree in data science, computer science, statistics, engineering, applied mathematics, physics or a similar subject
- Advanced knowledge of data science and machine learning methods
- Solid coding skills in Python and/or R, SAS, Scala, Spark, C/C++ and/or Java are a plus
- Knowledge of database concepts and design as well as related tools such as SQL, NoSQL and Hive
- Problem-solving mindset with strong relationship-building, collaborative and communication skills
- International work experience
- Building an international network
- Individual career coaching
- Targeted training
Disclosure requirements pertaining to the collection of your personal data:
Responsible for processing the information provided in your application: Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA, Carl-Bertelsmann-Str. 270, 33311 Gütersloh (“Bertelsmann”), who may also assign this task to third-party service providers. Bertelsmann will process your data as provided for by Section 26(1) sentence 1 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG-new) for the purpose of conducting the application and selection process for the Bertelsmann Future Leaders Program – based on reviewing your curriculum vitae, a position-based selection test, a first round of interviews, and an assessment day. Following from your declaration of consent pursuant to Section 26(2) of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG new), selected representatives of other group alliance members will take part in the staffing decision and interviews. Based on Article 49(1) a of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), your personal data will be transmitted to recipients in third countries (non-EU member states). In the a sence of an adequacy decision or suitable guarantees for ensuring an appropriate level of data protection for the processing of your data by these countries and their service providers the respective companies will treat your data confidentially. At the above address you can revoke your authorization for the use of your data at any time with immediate effect, contact Bertelsmann’s data protection officer, or request a copy of these undertakings. For further information on data protection for the Bertelsmann Future Leaders Program, see www.bertelsmann-futureleaders.com