A lot to do despite Corona! Boehringer Ingelheim is still looking for new colleagues!
24 months and a wealth of opportunities: Embark on a future with an international pharmaceuticals company and, by joining our trainee program, lay the foundations for a promising career. In your role as trainee, you will become a member of our Finance, Controlling and Global Business Services (GBS) organization, where you will receive intensive training to prepare you for your later entry-level position. Seize this opportunity: Your application is the first step in our multi-stage selection process. It is followed by an assessment center end of November 2020, where we can determine whether we are a good fit for one another, and you can pave the way for a successful career with us. Your prospective start date, should everything go well: from March 1, 2021 onwards!
Tasks & responsibilities
- During your 24-month trainee program, you will gain in-depth insights into how the Finance, Controlling and the Global Business Services departments of a global player work, and get a good impression of what your future with us could look like.
- Supported by a mentor and experienced colleagues, you will be directly involved in our daily business and be assigned tasks within diverse projects. You will work in all important areas and be given more and more responsibility as you progress.
- You will also play an important role in the development of concepts and initiatives within finance, controlling and global business services, contributing your ideas and expanding your expertise.
- Do you want to broaden your horizons? No problem: For several months, you will join a team in an international location.
- Your work here may involve an interdisciplinary project, a new initiative or normal everyday business activities. But whatever it is, it will invariably see you working closely with specialist colleagues, learning to carry out your tasks and represent your department with ever greater confidence and ability, and making valuable contacts.
- By the end of your traineeship, you will be very ideally prepared to take on the challenges of work in Finance, Controlling or Global Business Services. Together, we will decide on which position to continue your career in.
- You have completed a master’s degree in business administration with a focus on finance and controlling, or are a lateral entrant with a pharmaceutical or scientific background
- Initial experience in accounting, controlling or purchasing such as internships, ideally in a pharmaceutical company, as well as some time spent living abroad in the context of studies or work
- Practical know-how using MS Office, SAP FI CO or statistic tools
- Fluent in English, good communication skills in an additional language or German are an asset
- Good communicator and dedicated worker, who enjoys taking on responsibility and, thanks to your analytical mindset, is able to develop sophisticated concepts
- Intercultural skills and cross-functional working style to pursue challenging goals and strive to deliver impressive results
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area. Want to learn more about us?
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Ready to contact us?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team:
Petra Zimmermann and Julia Wolf
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it with friends or colleagues who might be interested.
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.