Sales Trainee (gender-neutral)
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- 15 months ‘training on the job’ at InfoChem and Springer Nature comprising:
- thorough familiarization with the product portfolio and service offerings of InfoChem
- gain insights about and actively participate in existing marketing and sales processes
- gain insights about the market and the competitive landscape
- participate in the introduction and management of a lightweight CRM system and populate it with existing and new contacts
- Tasks starting during the 15 months training phase and continuing afterwards:
- Compilation of further competition and market analyses
- Identify and assess existing and former InfoChem contacts in terms of lead probability
- Identify, develop and manage new sales leads in the pharmaceutical and chemical industry with a focus on Germany, Europe; stepwise expand to other sales regions e.g. Northern America
- Develop a systematic approach to identify appropriate decision makers and budget holders in these companies, establish contacts and organize meetings, presentations, road shows etc.
- Travelling on a regular basis in Europe (approx. 20% after the training phase), visit customers and technical conferences
- Support the preparation and management of quotations
- Master (or similar degree) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics or business administration with a specialization in sales and/or marketing
- Outstanding communication and organization skills, initiative, readiness of mind, analytical thinking, flexibility, and very good self-organized as well as team working skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and German (written and verbal)
- Willingness to work with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of chemists, biologists and software engineers
- Good relationship-building skills
- Ability to learn technical aspects fast and explain complex technical context to different level at customers
- A healthy work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging work
- A positive environment
- Enthusiastic, supportive colleagues
- Further development to help you progress your career
- Flexible hours, a 40 hour week and 28 days annual leave
- Book discount of 15-40%
Working Hours: Full-time
Company and Location: InfoChem Gesellschaft für chemische Information mbH, Munich Excited by the prospect of joining us? We are looking forward to your online application in English! To find out more information about our organization please take a look at www.springer.com and www.springernature.com.
Über Springer Nature
Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries. Springer Nature trusted brands include Springer, Nature Research, BioMed Central, Palgrave Macmillan and Scientific American, as well as a family of respected and specialist imprints. We publish the world’s most influential journals and our global IT function drives the innovative digital services we offer our customers.
Our branch InfoChem is a software company for cheminformatics focusing on the development of software tools to handle, store and retrieve chemical structures and reactions. The company‘s main activities involve the production of synthesis planning and reaction prediction solutions and the automatic extraction of scientific information from text and images.