CAReer Trainee Supply Chain Planning in Sindelfingen
CAReer – The Top Talent Program is the ideal start for a long-term career with Daimler. Being an entry-level professional training program, CAReer is targeted at university graduates or early professionals who want to get to know the company inside out and take on management and project responsibility early on. For more information please visit www.daimler.com/career/.
With this particular CAReer position, you will launch your future career in the department "SC Planning SE / EVA, Chassis PT & Cooperations”:
With innovations, the future is now.
Your task is to ensure that the logistics processes add up to an efficient supply chain by leveraging synergies with our planning partners. You will work at the interface of our worldwide locations. With joined-up thinking and far-sighted planning, you will help make Daimler's supply chain processes streamlined and unified, while ensuring an uninterrupted flow of materials, because when all is said and done, our customers want tomorrow today.
Your tasks include:
- Development and implementation of intralogistics processes in the assembly plants with a focus on reaching a line-back optimum
- Identification of opportunities for optimization in the intralogistics processes and ensuring their implementation to reach our goal to become and stay the best in class supply chain
- Designing planning standards and therefore contributing to the supply chain strategy of Mercedes-Benz Cars
- Ensuring knowledge transfer within the supply chain planning organization, working out best practice examples and actively contributing to achieving the standards worldwide
- Representing the supply chain organization in specialist committees and new model projects, as well as cooperating with interfaces such as procurement, production planning, etc.
For the international trainee program CAReer we expect:
- A solid university degree (ideally a Master’s degree)
- First professional work experience (18 months are obligatory with a Bachelor’s degree)
- Excellent study results
- Several months of experience abroad and international exposure
- Excellent English language skills along with very good knowledge of German
You also need to convince us with your personality: We expect a bold and independent mindset, curiosity and a desire for change, openness and the highest possible standards of integrity. You enjoy working in an international working environment and you possess a high degree of mobility and flexibility. You show a pragmatic and organized approach to work and finally, a high level of motivation to take on and enjoy management responsibility.
Furthermore, for this particular position you should have the following qualifications:
- You have preferably completed or are about to complete a degree in Business & economics, Business studies, International management, Business informatics, Logistics, Business & engineering, Industrial engineering
- Preferably you have already completed an internship in the automotive industry
- Additional qualifications such as previous experience in procurement and product development are preferred
Please apply with your complete application documents in German or English by October 01, 2017 at the latest, including the following:
- Motivation letter and CV
- High school and university certificates
- Documented evidence of international experience abroad
- Certificate(s) of employment
Please note that evidence of all documents listed on your CV needs to be provided. Furthermore, please consider that due to a system change you might have to create a new account in our recruitment portal for this position.
If you pass our pre-selection process, we will invite you to an Assessment Center on November 08, 2017 in Stuttgart-Vaihingen. The Assessment Center will normally be conducted in German.
This trainee position is located in Sindelfingen, Germany. A valid visa and work permit for Germany is mandatory.