Trainee (m/f/d) Innovation
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Covestro Trainee Program for Innovation will provide the scope to build up your knowledge and develop a strong network of personal contacts within different areas of our company, fostering a deep understanding on how these different areas are working together. With a personal mentor and extensive tailored development opportunities, we’ll prepare you for all the challenges that a career with Covestro offers.
During your 24-month rotational Trainee Program you will establish an international network for the specific umbrella topic, e.g. Sustainability, Circular Economy, Data Science, and
Composites of your personalized program. In various regions, business units and functional groups, you will take on demanding tasks in Germany and abroad and get to know our exciting fields of business.
In several trainee rotations, each of 3-9 months, you will work on different projects surrounding the overarching umbrella topic of your rotational program.
- You will contribute or lead new, interdisciplinary projects and studies under the supervision of your mentor
- You will coordinate projects in close consultation with the internal functional groups
- Depending on the assignment and umbrella topic, the projects include the conception, implementation, evaluation and interpretation of business or technical information as well as the subsequent presentation of the developed content
- The flexibility of the Innovation Trainee Program gives you the opportunity to align your trainee rotations matching your professional interests and skills
- We have a portfolio of several umbrella topics around e.g. sustainability, digital/ data science, composites - the final decision for your potential future position will be taken on the assessment day
- For the topic of data science you have a background or special interest in digital, computational chemistry or R&D related data science projects
WHO YOU ARE
- You have completed your science degree at an above-average grade and subsequently obtained a PhD in chemistry, polymer or materials science, physics, biotechnology or engineering
- Your profile shows experience from business-related, preferably international internships or projects abroad
- You already have first experience in the management of technical staff as well as in the guidance of master or PhD students, for example in the context of a PostDoc position
- Furthermore, you have an open and courageous personality with interest in technical solutions, general management and strategic thinking, with leadership ambition and potential
- You are a Team Player (m/f/d) with curiosity and a proven drive for change
- Enjoying beiing challenged with open questions and developing creative solutions belongs to your personality
- You also gladly accept responsibility throughout your job which may include your personal development
- You enjoy working in a highly interactive team and bring a high degree of mobility for international assignments within the Covestro Group
- Proficiency in English, preferably in German but not required, complete your profile
The assessment center will take place at the 11th of November 2019 and the planned starting date for the program is the first quarter of 2020.
We offer a competitive salary in an international environment as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. If your background and personal experience fit this profile, please apply online via the 'Apply' button, this www.career.covestro.de , submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectation. Please also indicate your availability/notice period.
First questions will be answered by Ms Isabell Ramrath Phone: +49 214 6009 8246.
Covestro welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of racial or ethnic origin, skin color, nationality, religion, philosophy, gender, age, disability, appearance or sexual identity. We are committed to treating all applications fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Über Covestro Deutschland AG
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We redefine chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16.000 colleagues and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.